B.Com with CS (Corporate Secretaryship) is a 3-year long undergraduate degree course in the commerce branch focusing mainly on educating students in corporate governance with efficiency in secretarial practices and understanding various laws of the organisation.
B.Com with CS course basically focuses on B.Com as the primary and foremost course and hence, Commerce and Business Studies are considered as a primary stream.
In B.Com with CS, students gain in-depth knowledge in various subjects like corporate accounting, Company Law and Secretaryship Practice, Business Management, Company accounting, Financial Accounting, Marketing / Corporate E-Management, human resource management, Commercial laws, Industrial Laws and many more.
Students are also prepared in other fields like computer application, standard typing, word processing, speech recognition, keyword implementation, file management system, etc.
B.Com with CS: Course Details
|Full form||Bachelor of Commerce in Corporate Secretaryship|
|Examination conducted||Semester wise|
|Eligibility||Passed 10+2 with any stream, preferably in Commerce background|
|Course duration||3 Years|
|Admission process||Merit based, Entrance based|
|Course fee||INR 3000 – 1 Lakh|
|Average salary||INR 3 LPA – 7 LPA|
|Employment opportunities||Senior Account Executive, Corporate Secretary, Financial Analyst, Corporate Manager, Tax Analyst, Process Analyst, Export Manager, HR Business Partner, Account Executive, Sales Team Manager, Assistant Operations Manager, Risk Analysts, General Ledger Accountant etc.|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Financial firms, Corporate firms, Export-import Companies, Manufacturing Corporations, Auditing Firms, Money Lending Firms, Logistics Departments, Educational Institutions, Banks, Hotels/Restaurants,etc.|
B.Com with CS: Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who want to pursue B.Com with CS need to fulfill the required eligibility criteria which vary from institute to institute.
The eligibility criteria for B.Com with CS (Corporate Secretaryship) is listed below:
- The candidate must have qualified their Higher Secondary (10+2) exam in any stream (Science, Commerce or Arts) from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have scored at least 50% aggregate marks in 12th examination.
- Preference will be given to students from Commerce background.
Admission Procedure For B.Com With CS
Admission procedure for B.Com with CS (Corporate Secretaryship) courses can be based on merit or the entrance examinations conducted by some colleges or universities.
The universities declare a specific cut-off based on the marks obtained by the students in 10+2 examinations and the merit list is prepared.
The complete details about the merit based and entrance examination based admission procedure for B.Com with CS is discussed below.
Entrance Exam-Based Admission Procedure For B.Com With CS
The detailed guide to apply for the entrance exam-based admission for B.Com with CS is listed below:
- Online Registration: The institutes declare dates of registration days before and the candidates need to create an account with essential details like name, mobile number, email-id and so on.
- Details Filling up: The candidate is required to fill up the application form very carefully with all the significant details. Before final submission make sure all the details fill up are precise and right.
- Documents Submission: All the necessary scanned documents should be submitted in a particular arrangement and mentioned size as determined by the application portal of the institute.
- Application Fee: During the submission of application form the candidate is required to pay a minimal amount of application fees online. This payment can be done by all online payment modes mentioned in the application form.
- Download Admit Card: Admit cards will be available on the official website of that institute a few days before the examination. The candidates are required to download and print out the admit card that will be used upon the date of the examination.
- Entrance Examination: After preparing for the exam as per the syllabus and past year papers, finally you are ready to appear in the entrance examination on the date reported.
- Result declaration: Result is declared after a few weeks of the entrance exam. The candidates qualifying the entrance exams can only proceed onward to the next following round.
- Counselling and Admission: The candidates who have cleared the entrance exam are eligible for the counselling round. After completing all the rounds, candidates will now be able to take admission in the B.Com with CS courses in that respective institute.
Merit-Based Admission Procedure For B.Com With CS
- After the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic, the whole admission procedure in all the colleges and universities is being conducted online.
- Visit the official website of the institute in which you want to take admission.
- The online application button appears there. Click on that and register yourself by creating a user ID and password which will be used to fill up the form.
- Login again using that user ID and password and fill up all the basic details required with accuracy.
- Upload all the necessary scanned documents, identity proof, photos, and signature in the required format and size.
- Before final submission, review the application carefully and submit.
- Print the application form for future references.
- Regularly visit the website for publication of the merit list and once you get selected you can take admission in that college or university.
BCom With CS: Entrance Exams
There is not any particular exam for online admission in BCom with CS. But some renowned colleges and universities conduct their own entrance examinations for admission in B.Com with CS courses.
There are some popular exams available at both state and national level that are conducted by the governing body of some high standard universities at national level.
The most popular entrance examination in India for admission in B.Com with CS courses is conducted by ICSI (Institute of Company Secretaries of India). It is conducted twice a year and in both online and offline mode.
Here is a list of popular entrance exams for admission in B.Com with CS courses:
- JET (Jain Entrance Test)
- CSEET (CS Executive Entrance Test)
- NPAT (National Test for Programs After Twelfth)
B.Com With CS: Syllabus And Subjects
The syllabus of B.Com with CS (Corporate Secretaryship) courses is divided into 6 semesters. The main subjects and syllabus of the courses are mostly the same as per UGC standards, however, the colleges and universities modify the syllabus or some of the subjects according to their rules and regulations.
The entire syllabus of B.Com with CS combined into six semesters is given below:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Financial Accounting-I||Financial Accounting-II|
|Micro Finance I||Case study on Micro Finance|
|Essentials of Language & Communication Skills||Essentials of Spoken & Presentation skills|
|Managerial Economics||Human Resources Management|
|Management Principles||Business Communication|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Corporate Accounting I||Corporate Accounting II|
|Elements of Insurance||Banking Theory, Law, and Practice|
|Company Law and Secretarial Practice I||Company Law and secretarial Practice II|
|Computer Application in Business I||Computer Applications in Business II|
|Personality Enrichment||EVS Skill-based Elective – Indirect taxation|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Income Tax Law & Practice-I||Income Tax Law & Practice-II|
|Cost Accounting||Management Accounting|
|Business Regulatory Framework||Marketing|
|Practical auditing||Any 1 from the list of Electives|
|Human Resource Management||Internship|
The subjects in B.Com with CS are classified as core subjects, elective and labs. All these are the essential subjects that are required for the course completion.
Here is a list of all the core subjects of B.Com with CS:
- Cost Accounting
- Applied Cost Accounting
- Corporate Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Marketing management
- Management Accounting
- Accounting and Finance
- Managerial Economics
- Business Communication
- Human Resource management
- Tax Law
- Securities Law
- Organisational Behaviour
- Economic and Labor Law
- Business Ethics
- Banking Theory
- Company Law
- Market operation
- Entrepreneurial Development
- Office Application
- Diligence and compliances
- Micro Finance
B.Com with CS: Fee Structure
The fee structure of B.Com with CS for top colleges and universities (both private and government) is based on the reputation and popularity of that institute in academics as well as co-curricular activities.
The fee structure of B.Com with CS for these institutes may differ from one another because of their placement in rural areas and metropolitan cities. The average fees for these courses in India ranges between INR 20,000 to INR 4 lakhs.
The fees offered by a government or public institution will be comparatively very low than any private institution that may extend upto 4 lakhs.
Here is a list of fee structure for various colleges and universities for this course:
|Name of the College||Fee Structure|
|Karpagam University, Coimbatore||INR 1.2 LPA|
|Kakatiya Institute of Technology & Science, [KITSW] Warangal||INR 1 LPA|
|Alpha Arts and Science College||INR 7,000|
|Sree Narayana College, Kozhikode||INR 22,500|
|Dr. Gr Damodaran College of Women, Coimbatore||INR 80,000|
|Stella Maris College, Chennai||INR 1 LPA|
|Arcade Business College, Patna||INR 90K|
|TS Narayanaswami College of Arts and Science, Chennai||INR 2 LPA|
B.Com with CS: Higher Education
After B.Com with CS, a majority of students prefer higher studies as only having a graduation degree is not sufficient to create a successful career in today’s world.
The candidates who want to pursue higher education after a B.Com with CS (Corporate Secretaryship) course have multiple options and scope in many fields in which they want to achieve experience and better skills in the Commerce field.
Here is a list of most preferred higher educations after the B.Com with CS course:
- CA (Chartered Accountant)
- CS (Company Secretary)
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- CMA (Certified Management Accountant)
- CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst)
Students after pursuing B.Com with CS courses can also opt other courses like:
- Com with CA
- Com with ACCA
- Com LLB
- Com with M.Com Integrated Course.
B.Com with CS: Salary
In India salary of a B.Com with CS is dependent on their job profile and the company that hires them. You can earn more if you are working in MNCs than in the public sector.
The salary depends on their knowledge, skills, capabilities, and experience. The average salary of a B.Com with CS is somewhere between INR 8 LPA – INR 12 LPA and for fresh graduates, it usually ranges between INR 2 LPA to INR 7 LPA in India. However, this value varies from company to company and their placement.
B.Com with CS: Career Opportunities
After completion of a 3 year B.Com with CS course, candidates will be able to get hired in various public and private sectors as per their job preferences and abilities in positions like Financial Analyst, Account Executive, Corporate Secretary, Process Analyst, etc.
Some of the job options after B.Com with CS along with their salary package is given below:
|Name of Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Corporate Manager||INR 6 LPA|
|Corporate Credit Analyst||INR 5 LPA|
|Export Manager||INR 5 LPA|
|Corporate Sales Executive||INR 6 LPA|
|Corporate Financial Analyst||INR 3.5 LPA|
Here is a list of industries that provide employment to candidates after B.Com with CS:
- Financial firms
- Corporate firms
- Export companies
- Textiles Industries
- Risk mitigation companies
- Loan lending firms
- Tours and Travels
The list of public based sectors that provide employment to the candidates are:
- Indian Armed Forces
- Indian Railways
- Indian Oil Corporation
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
- State Wise Road Transport board
- Indian Space Research Organisation
Conclusion:B.Com with CS
On a concluding note, we can say that a candidate can pursue the Company Secretaryship course along with their commerce graduation simultaneously.
B.Com with CS courses is in demand nowadays with a satisfactory salary and multiple job opportunities. These courses prepare students in business-related monetary interpretations, corporate administration and become experts in handling industries, secretarial practices, and company laws.