Today in this article we will discuss about the Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) course, its duration, eligibility criteria for BBS course, admission process for BBS course, fee structure, salary after BBS, etc in detail.
As the business world is growing rapidly, the scope and opportunities are also increasing. Due to this, every student wants to make a career in the business world. Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) is among one of those courses that promotes business studies.
If you are also thinking of doing a BBS course and want to know everything about this course, then this post is for you.
What is a BBS Course?
BBS (Bachelor of Business Studies) is a professional undergraduate programme that lasts for 3 years categorised in 6 semesters.
This course provides in-depth knowledge of business and management along with core subjects like finance, accountancy, organisational studies, marketing and economics.
This course is quite similar to Bachelor of Business Economics (BBE), Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), and Bachelor of Business Science in the format of the course and its structure.
The BBS course is not only about theoretical knowledge but provides deep practical knowledge of business studies to the students.
In the BBS course you will learn how to start a business and develop skills related to business like entrepreneurship, decision-making, analytical thinking, leadership, communication, etc that are necessary for the smooth functioning of a business.
Eligibility Criteria for BBS
The eligibility criteria for the Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) courses are as follows
- The candidates must have passed their 10+2 (or equivalent) examination with a minimum aggregate of 50% or above (45% for ST/ SC) from a recognized board.
- The candidates are required to have studied any four subjects in 10+2 like Business Studies, Economics, Accountancy, Mathematics or other related subjects including English.
- Candidates from any background (Science, Commerce or Arts) can apply for this course.
- There are several colleges that conduct their own entrance examinations like BHU UET,DU JAT, UGAT, etc and the personal interview sessions for admission in the BBS course.
- There is no upper age limit for the BBS course.
Admission Process for BBS course
When you fulfil the eligibility criteria for BBS, you can apply for admission in this course.
The admission process for BBS courses differs from college to college.
Some colleges offer direct admission in BBS courses on the basis of 12th grade while others on the basis of entrance exams conducted by the university or national bodies.
To apply for BBS courses, both online and offline mode can be used.
- Fill up the application form (Online/Offline).
- Upload the documents required and submit the application form.
- Appear in the entrance examination conducted by the institution.
- Now pay the application fee online through various payment methods available.
- Appear for the entrance examination on the date mentioned by the institution.
- After the declaration of result, you have to go through the counselling process.
- If selected, pay the fee quoted by the institution.
If you want to know more about the admission procedure for a BBS course, keep visiting the official website of the institution in which you want to apply.
Entrance Exams for BBS
The entrance examinations are conducted by the institutions for admission in BBS. The top entrance exams for BBS course (Bachelor of Business Studies) are given below
- DU JAT –Delhi University Joint Admission Test is an entrance examination that offers admission in various courses like BBS, BBE, BMS and BFIA. This examination is conducted once a year by the University of Delhi.
- NPAT – NPAT is the entrance exam conducted once a year by NMIMS University Mumbai for admission in various UG courses including BBA.
- BHU UET – Banaras Hindu University Undergraduate Entrance Test is a common entrance examination offered at BHU for admission in various UG courses like BBS. BHU UET exam is held at the national level.
- FEAT – FLAME Entrance Aptitude Test is conducted by the FLAME University for admission to UG courses like BBA, BSc, BA courses.
- AIMA UGAT – All India Management Association (AIMA) is a national organization that conducts the Under Graduate Aptitude Test (UGAT) for admission to various undergraduate courses.
- IPMAT – Integrated Programme in Management Aptitude Test is an entrance exam offered by IIMs for admission in dual degree programs such as BBA courses.
- SET – Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) is an entrance examination conducted by Symbiosis International for admission to various undergraduate courses in Symbiosis institutes. These courses include Engineering, Management, Economics, Computer Studies, Law, Mass Communication, etc.
Apart from the above-mentioned entrance exams, there are many other colleges and universities in the country that conduct their own entrance examinations in their own pattern followed by group discussion and personal interview.
The entrance exam for BBS includes the following sections
- General and Business Awareness
- Quantitative Ability
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General English
Syllabus for the BBS course
The syllabus of the BBS course is divided into 6 semesters. The syllabus might differ from one institution to another but the motive of providing practical knowledge in Business Studies and Management is similar.
Core subjects will be taught during the first 2 years and specialization subjects in the last one year.
BBS Courses Program list
The semester wise syllabus of the BBS course is given below:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Financial Accounting||Information Technology for Business|
|Business Communication||Organizational Behavior|
|Fundamentals of Management||Business Economies – I|
|Business Statistics and Applications||Public Relations and Corporate Image|
|Computer Practical (DBMS)||Computer Practical (Overview of HTML)|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Business Economies – II||Financial Management|
|Marketing Management||Business Research|
|Quantitative Techniques for Management||Human Resource Management|
|Cost & Management Accounting||Production & Operations Management|
|Computer Practical (SAP – ERP/ CRM and SCM Software)||Computer Practical (Introduction to Statistical Package – SPSS or SAS)|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Project Management & Entrepreneurship||Business Policy & Strategy|
|Business Ethics & Corporate Governance||Project Submission (Functional Specialization) and Seminar|
|Elective Paper||Legal Aspects of Indian Business|
|Elective Paper||Elective Paper|
|Computer Practical||Computer Practical
Elective subjects available for BBS course
Apart from the above mentioned core subjects, you can also choose any elective subject provided in the curriculum of the institution.
There are a number of elective courses available in the curriculum of every college and university that allow you to study topics of your interest other than the core subjects.
The elective papers for the BBS course can vary from one university to another.
The elective subjects offered in BBS course are given below
- Advertising and Brand Management
- Industrial Relations
- International Finance
- Income Tax and Planning
- Financial Markets
- Consumer Behavior
- Retail Management
- Portfolio Management
- Financial Market & Services
- Labor Legislation
- Performance and Compensation Management Systems
- Human Resource Management
- Investment Analysis
Specialization courses in BBS
Apart from all programs, universities offer you specialization courses that allow you to explore your interest in various subjects in greater depth and develop a particular set of skills.
There are many areas of specializations available in the BBS course that you can select according to your interest to deepen your knowledge in a particular field.
Some of the major specialization courses available in the BBS course are as follows
- BBS in Marketing
- BBS in Finance
- BBS in International Business
- BBS in Human Resource Management
- BBS in Entrepreneurship
- BBS in Real Estate
- BBS in Information Technology
- BBS in Hospitality and Hotel Management
- BBS in Banking and Insurance
- BBS in Hospitality And Healthcare Management
- BBS in Communication And Media Management
Fee Structure for BBS course
The fee structure for Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) courses may vary from college to college on the basis of its location, facilities and infrastructure provided.
The fees charged by a government institution is less than a private institution. The average fees for a BBS course ranges between INR 30K – 1 LPA.
Scope For Higher Education after BBS
After completing a BBS course a wide range of higher education options are available. If you go for the Higher studies after the BBS degree, it provides you with high job opportunities.
Some of the courses after BBS are as follows:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com)
- Master in Business Studies (MBS)
- Masters in business administration
- Masters in entrepreneurship
- Master in management
- Chartered Accountant (CA)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- PGD in Banking
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
Job options after BBS Course
After the completion of a BBS course, a variety of incredible job opportunities are available in the country and at the international level.
Some of the best job options after the BBS course are listed below
- Finance Manager – Their work is to take care of all the financial functions and financial health of an organization.
- Production Manager – They are responsible for all the manufacturing related activities and to supervise the team to manage the production within the desired specifications.
- Business Analyst – Their key role is to put thoughts and goals related to business in front of the stakeholders and evaluate business processes.
- Business Administration Professor – Their major role is to teach and give counselling to students in business management and administration.
- Accountant – The main role of an accountant is to keep and interpret the financial data of a company and to ensure that the information is up to date and accurate.
- Research Analyst – A research analyst has the major role of researching the data, analyzing the data collected, interpreting that data, and presenting the data related to finance, markets and operations.
Apart from the above-mentioned job opportunities, there are some other job options also in which you can work. These are
- Business Development Manager
- Business Consultant
- Information Systems Manager
- Business Operations Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Marketing Executive
After completing a BBS degree you can work in the following Employment areas
- Financial Organizations
- Marketing organizations
- Industrial Houses and Multinational Companies
- Business Consultancies
- Educational Institutes
- Business Analysis
Salary after BBS
The salary after the BBS course depends on various factors like the company (public or private sector) in which you are working, your job profile, knowledge and skills. The initial salary of a BBS graduate starts from INR 2 LPA to 5 LPA.
As your experience increases, the salary will also increase. For experienced individuals the average monthly salary ranges between INR 5 Lakhs to 16 lakhs per annum.
List of BBS Colleges/Universities in India
There are a large number of Colleges and Universities that offer a Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) course in India.
We have prepared a list of best colleges for BBS courses on the basis of ranking for this course in India, placements of students pursuing BBS courses, quality of education provided, their fee structure, facilities and infrastructure.
Some of the top colleges and universities offering BBS course are listed below:
- Ramanujan College, New Delhi
- Shaheed Sukhdev Singh College of Business Studies
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Daly College Business School, Indore
- Aryabhatta College, New Delhi
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore
- St. Xavier’s College of Management & Technology, Patna
- Shikshapeeth College of Management & Technology, Delhi
- Kalpana International Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
In this post we tried to clear all the things that you need to know about a BBS course and how it provides knowledge about the business world, management and commerce. This course may be different in some aspects from one institution to another but its basic motive will be on the same subjects that we have discussed above.