BMRIT Course is also known as Bachelor of Science in Medical Radiology & Imaging Technology. It is a 3-year full-time degree course offered by many colleges & universities in India.
BMRIT is one of the advanced medical technologies that help in diagnosing different diseases using machines, like C.T. Scan, X-ray, MRI, and Ultrasound.
The whole 3-year course will give complete knowledge on how radiology and imaging technology helps in diagnosing diseases in the human body.
If you’re interested in this degree course and want to know everything about it, then follow this blog until the end. Here, we are explaining the admission process, Syllabus in BMRIT, colleges & universities, future scope, etc.
What is BMRIT?
BMRIT (Bachelor in Medical Radiology & Imaging Technology) is a regular degree course that mainly trains the students in utilizing modern technologies to diagnose the diseases and disorders of humans.
To save one’s life, medical scientists have developed modern equipment, such as C.T. Scan, MRI, X-ray, Ultrasound, etc. This BMRIT course includes the syllabus that teaches you about these modern medical technologies.
By using the radiographic machinery, it takes the internal images of our human body that give complete details of the disease and disorder that exist in the human body.
If you want to study these radiology and imaging technologies, then know the selection/admission process given below.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to BMRIT
Like other degree courses, it also contains a few steps for the selection process in BMRIT. The basic eligibility criteria for getting admission into this course are:
- You must pass your 10+2 or Intermediate standard with at least 50% marks (45% for Reserved Category Students).
- The core subjects in 10+2 must be Physics, Biology/Mathematics, and Chemistry.
- Your age is not less than 17 and not more than 35 years.
- The students who’re waiting for 10+2 results can also apply for this degree course.
In most colleges or universities, the selection process will be like below.
- You can get admission only on your merit and marks obtained in the qualifying exam. The selection process is completely decided by the universities.
- Once the students get selected, they have to report to the institution with all the necessary documents, like conduct certificates, study certificates, bonafide certificates, and transfer certificates.
- You need to pay the fees as fixed by the college/university.
Note: If you want to cancel the admission due to any reason, then you can do it by submitting the application to the Head of Department or concerned authorities. As per the rules of the university, your admission will get canceled.
Syllabus for BMRIT Course
As we all know that, the Bachelor of Science in Medical Radiology and Imaging Technology is a 3-year degree course, it is divided into 6 semesters (2 semesters per year). After completing 3 years, you have to do 6 months of internship in any company or organization.
The syllabus or program structure of the BMRIT degree course is given below.
- Basics of Physics
- Basics of Anatomy
- Fundamentals of Imaging Technology
- Basic Computer Skills
- Communication Skills
- Radiographic Anatomy
- Radiographic Photography
- Radiological Physics
- General Principles of Hospital Practice and Care of Patients
- Histopathology and Histotechniques-I
- Physics of Radiographic Equipment
- Radiographic Techniques-Routine Procedures Paper I
- Radiographic Techniques-Routine Procedures Paper II
- Radiographic Techniques-Routine Procedures Paper III
- Patient Care in Diagnostic Radiology
- Quality Assurance and Radiation Safety
- Radiographic Techniques-Special Procedures Paper I
- Radiographic Techniques-Special Procedures Paper II
- Radiographic Techniques-Special Procedures Paper III
- CT Imaging and Contrast Technique
- Physics of New Imaging Modalities-CT and Ultrasound
- CT Imaging and Patient Care Technologist’s Role and Practical
- Physics of New Imaging Modalities-MRI and Digital Imaging
- Ultrasound Imaging
- Organizing and Managing Imaging Department
- MRI Imaging, Patient Care Technologist’s Role, and Practical
- Interventional and Digital Radiology
The subjects may differ and more/less depends on the college or university you join. After finishing the degree, you have to work as an intern for six months.
Top Colleges to Study BMRIT
The popular colleges in India for studying Bachelor in Medical Radiology and Imaging Technology (BMRIT) are listed below. You can get admission into any one of the top-best colleges as per your requirements.
- AIIMS, Delhi
- Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University, Jaipur
- Shyam University, Dausa
- Kalinga University, Raipur
- Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur
- Delhi Institute of Technology and Paramedical Science, Delhi
- National Institute of Health Education and Research, Bihar
- Shri Guru Ram Rai University, Dehradun
- Doon Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun
- Tripura Institue of Paramedical Sciences, Tripura
Fee Structure of BMRIT
The fee structure of BMRIT may be different from one college to other. But it will be range from 3.20 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs per Annum. The merit students will get scholarships and free admission into some particular institutions. So, do hard work and get merit marks in the qualifying exam and in your Intermediate.
In this modern world, humans get diseased with known and unknown diseases. To diagnose, there is a huge requirement of the experts.
That’s the reason why the demand for radiographers is more. Once you passed your degree in the BMRIT course, you get placed in various private and public sectors.
If you don’t want to do a job after your UG, you can go for higher studies after completing BMRIT. After pursuing a master’s degree, there will be more opportunities compared to the undergraduate.
Below is the list of some job profiles once your candidature is selected.
- MRI Technician
- Ultrasound Technician
- Radiologist Assistant
- CT Tech
- CT Scan Technologist
- Radiology Technologist
- Radiology Nurse
- Medical Image Analyst
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Medical Advisor
Top Recruiting Companies
Once you completed the BMRIT course and also finished your 6-months internship, you will be recruited by different companies and government organizations.
- Govt. and Private Hospitals
- Blood Donation Centres
- Defense Departments
- Forensic Departments
- Crime Laboratories
- Diagnostic Centres
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnological Companies
- Medical Equipment and Device Company
- Medical Records and Transcription Organization
- Professor in reputed College/University
- Medical Research Organization
Salary for BMRIT Graduates
When we talk about the salary for BMRIT graduates, it will completely depend on the company or organization that you’re working. You can earn from 5 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs per Annum. Based on your marks and experience in this field, your salary increases.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the Duration of BMRIT?
The duration of BMRIT is 3 years, which is divided into 6 semesters. After completion of a 3-year degree, you have to do internship for 6 months.
Is BMRIT a Doctor?
No. BMRIT degree teaches you about modern medical technologies, such as MRI, CT scan, Ultrasound, etc. Most of the students think that BMRIT provides a degree in doctor, but it will not.
What is the Scope of BSc Radiology?
Once you are graduated in BSc Radiology, you can go for higher studies. Or else you can work in any private and public organizations/companies as a Radiologist, MRI Technician, Radiology Technician, Ultrasound Technician, etc.
Which is Best BMLT or BMRIT?
There are many differences between BMLT and BMRIT courses. You can complete BMLT in 2 years, whereas BMRIT in 3 years. BMLT is a diploma course, but BMRIT is a full-time regular degree. Based on these differences and your interests, you can know which is better.
What Can I do after BMRIT?
After doing BMRIT, you have numerous career options. One such is pursuing a master’s, professor in any college/university, Lab Technician, etc.
Final Words: Conclusion
After reading this blog, we believe that you got enough information about the Bachelor of Science in Medical Radiology & Imaging Technology (BMRIT) course.
The scope of BMRIT will never end because there is a high need for Radiologists, MRI Technicians, and other experts in this field at present and near future.
Therefore, get admission into the top college or university in India and complete your BMRIT degree in distinction to get placed in the top company.
Still, do you have any queries on this BMRIT course? Then leave a message so that we will clarify all your questions. Provide your comments if you liked this article.
Share this post with your friends to help them in knowing everything about this BMRIT degree course.