Bachelor of Business Administration is an abbreviation for BBA. This is a three-year program that you can pursue to acquire managerial and entrepreneurship skills to get yourself ready for a good career. Among grads, the most preferred option is an MBA. So, you could be better prepared for MBA as well. But many students have a question, is maths compulsory for BBA?
So, the answer is: Math is not required for BBA in India. If you are not a science background student or did not choose Maths in Class 11 or 12, you can still apply for BBA. Several colleges admit students without a math background to BBA programs. Read this post to know Complete Details.
BBA can be obtained without mathematics, but Math is required for entrance in some institutions, such as NMIMS School of Commerce. The curriculum there is quite extensive and necessitates quantitative and analytical abilities.
Whereas some institutions, such as Delhi University and Mumbai University, do not need math as a required subject in Class 12 for admission to the BBA program.
BBA grads can also pursue PGDM and law studies. BBA is a degree created for aspiring managers to grasp the demands of the organizations in their surroundings. Furthermore, arithmetic is not required in grades 11 and 12 if you plan to pursue BBA and even after that if you pursue an MBA in the future.
So, while it is not necessary to have maths in class 12 to study BBA in India, it is always advised to take maths in class 12 (an optional subject for PCB, commerce, or humanities students) since it enhances your skills opens up additional academic options.
Is Maths Compulsory For BBA?: Eligibility Criteria
There are several reasons why BBA is one of the top options for students after Class 12th. The subject is trendy among Commerce students who wish to work in management.
Students must pass the higher secondary examination or equivalent test to get admission to BBA programs. Some institutions look at giving the qualifying test with 50% or above. The age range should be between 17 to 25, who wants to get admitted in this three-year course.
The baseline requirement for admission to any college for BBA is 50 percent or above in your studies (10th and 12th). Some colleges provide the admission examination or entrance.
If you are still concerned that you may experience difficulties in pursuing the degree since you come from an arts background, let me assure you that you have nothing to worry about because the topics are not related to any other science disciplines. The qualifying criteria for BBA without Maths are described here.
- You must have a Class 12 degree from a recognized board.
- You must have a grade point of at least 50% or above in class 12.
Is Maths Compulsory For BBA?: Reasons For Pursuing BBA
In terms of job chances, experts believe that BBA students have many options. BBA is mainly concerned with developing the management and entrepreneurial skills needed to establish a career in various business-related disciplines such as banking, human resources, finance, and marketing.
BBA is a professional degree that appeals to individuals who want to pursue jobs in business and management. Students with BBA degrees can acquire positions in good firms straight away.
- BBA holders have the most effective employment rate compared to other bachelor’s degrees. BBA is the entry-level professional degree in business management required for some employment in the corporate sector.
- You can perform a lot with a BBA degree, from the most basic managerial responsibilities to being accountable for the whole corporation’s data analysis.
- The BBA course is created by industry specialists and provides an in-depth understanding of all facets of business management. BBA equips you effectively for everything from branding and marketing a product or service to dealing with accounts.
- This is what distinguishes BBA from other graduate programs.
- BBA students are also taught how to build their personalities. You will learn about public speaking, leadership, skill development, and other topics during the course.
- After completing your BBA, you might enter the professional world as a trainee manager or in other administrative jobs. BBA is often regarded as the most excellent bachelor’s professional degree.
- Various management degrees are available, but both business professionals and students prefer the BBA.
BBA graduates can work in business development, sales, and management positions. Some firms may also hire BBA graduates as production planners, supervisors, and administrators.
Is Maths Compulsory For BBA?: BBA specializations (Maths Not Required)
A student who intends to pursue a BBA without mathematics can opt for any specializations including finance & banking, which you may think math would be necessary along with other specializations discussed here.
- Economics of Business
- Management of Travel and Tourism
- An overview of operations research
- Hospital and healthcare administration
- Aviation administration
- Management of communication and media
- Management of production and materials
- Personnel Administration and Industry Relations
- Marketing Administration
- Sports administration
- International Business Marketing
Career after BBA (without maths)
After BBA, you can pursue a PGDM or MBA anytime. That is the most incredible option since it will provide you with an excellent job with a respectable wage and allow you to start your career smoothly.
Most reputable colleges admit students from all streams to BBA programs if they have received a minimum of 50% in their 10th and 12th grades. Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore, Symbiosis, and University of Technology & Management, Shillong, is the most excellent BBA colleges you can apply to.
The majority of these applicants are admitted after a group discussion followed by a personal interview. The career options for students who pursue a BBA without math are restricted, but if the appropriate path is taken, they will almost certainly get a position that matches their interests and needs.
Most students who complete a BBA without a math degree can pursue an MBA to get high-paid jobs. However, there are some positions for individuals who want to start working right away after graduation.
A marketing manager’s responsibility is to engage with other product managers to develop new programs for implementation for the betterment of the organization. In this position, you can earn at least Rs. 4.5 lakhs per year at the very beginning.
Sales executives are in charge of putting strategy into action. They are expected to develop methods to improve sales income while also improving its market status. In this position, you can earn at least Rs. 4 lakhs in a year in the beginning.
Human Resource Executive
A human resource executive is responsible for a variety of tasks. They must guarantee that the numerous duties are well planned and supervised efficiently. The average beginning income is around Rs. 3.5 lakhs per year.
If you are still concerned that you may experience difficulties pursuing BBA since you come from an arts background, let me assure you that you have nothing to worry about; just do it.
Admission Procedure & duration of BBA course
The BBA admission procedure in India varies from one college to the next. There are, however, a few admission examinations you may take, or in some colleges, there are direct admissions according to merit.
These are national, state, and university-level entrance tests that qualify you for access to various BBA degree programs. You must complete your 12th with a good percentage.
Many BBA institutions also hold entrance tests, so you must pass these entry examinations. However, for your BBA degree to be legitimate, you must confirm that the college is AICTE approved.
Many colleges offer direct admission to BBA programs. They take into account your 12th standard percentage score.
The AIMA Undergraduate Aptitude Test is a national-level admission test accepted by most BBA institutions.
The IP University Common Entrance Test is an entrance test used by numerous universities to admit students to BBA programs.
The Symbiosis Entrance Test is abbreviated as SET. It is usually taken into account by symbiotic institutes for undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs. Students who are serious about their future, on the other hand, will pick the BBA program for their great profession. Professionally, a BBA degree allows you to work in any field of your choice.
If you enjoy retail, you can work in retail, and if you want to bank, you can work as a banker. Personally, this course will assist you in developing as a self-assured, healthy individual who is also an excellent leader.
Top BBA colleges in India
BBA is a three-year degree program broken into six semesters. You will learn about a wide range of topics throughout your course. You will also be able to select specializations. Your final grade and percentage will average the three years of study.
The number of universities that offer BBA without math is limited. We have compiled a list of the best institutions that provide BBA without math to help you get admission quickly.
- IIM Indore
- Gitam University, Visakhapatnam
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune
- NMIMS University, Mumbai
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
- Symbiosis International University, Pune
- Christ University, Bengaluru
Top recruiters for BBA (without maths)
Banks, Financial Services, and Insurance Sectors:
BFSI is a significant employer of BBA graduates.
Marketing is another well-known enrolment area and a viable BBA career option. Private organizations and new firms commonly hire BBA graduates for entry-level roles. While these occupations might not provide the most enticing salary packages, they provide excellent learning opportunities and experience.
Finance and accounting offices are an area in which BBA graduates excel.
Human Resource Management
HR departments are an obvious need after BBA.
Companies that hire BBA without math graduates for diverse sales, marketing, and human resources are discussed here –
- ICICI Bank
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Ernst & Young, Inc.
- Hindustan Unilever
BBA without Math is a wide choice for commerce and art students nowadays. If you are also interested in BBA without Maths program with study abroad chances, you can obtain a position at prominent institutions worldwide.
BBA Job prospectus and progression
BBA provides excellent career opportunities and job prospects. Most of these jobs offer competitive pay and benefits packages and numerous options to advance and advance.
Here we discuss the top career and employment prospects after completing a BBA course. It gives you several skills, including advertising, administration, finance, bookkeeping, banking, and so on, making you suitable for various professions in organizations and ventures. The most effective job alternatives after BBA will keep you on pace with your colleagues.
- BBA graduates receive comprehensive training in administrative abilities and become experts in fundamentals to cutting-edge executive standards.
- They can pursue careers in the showcasing and deals industry after receiving their BBA or join organizations as an administration student at the entry-level.
- Suppose they have a specialty in a particular subject and open opportunities after BBA increases. Regardless, the primary stage BBA compensation for an administration graduate may initially range from 12,000 INR to 18,000 INR per month.
- It is possible that more dependent on the field of specialty, competencies, organization, and the advertised position.
- Furthermore, the wage scale often increases if the competition has any insight into industry openness by planning projects or entry-level employment.
- You can be a Human Resources Manager after your BBA. Your role as a manager would be to act as a liaison between employees and management. You are also in charge of ensuring safe working conditions. HR Managers are entitled to a competitive pay and benefits package in most organizations.
- You can also become a Manager of Research and Development after completing your BBA.
- If you have excellent people skills, you can also become a Marketing Manager after your BBA. You will be needed to undertake some fieldwork, but there will also be a lot of planning and strategizing. This is a complex yet fascinating work with a decent income.
FAQ: Is maths compulsory for BBA?
- Is it feasible to get a BBA without math?
BBA is a three-year programme that may be pursued without a math course.
- What can I do after BBA if I don’t know how to perform math?
Without Math, BBA Specialisations can do a lot, but of course, the opportunity is limited.
- Management of travel and tourism
- Hospital and healthcare administration
- Management of events
- Aviation administration
- Management of communication and media
- Is BBA just concerned with mathematics?
BBA is a degree created for aspiring managers to grasp the demands of the organizations in their surroundings. So, to be honest, there is a significant amount of mathematics involved with BBA.
- Can I study BBA without taking math in 12th grade?
You can complete BBA without math and economics in the 12th standard. Although you must study economics as part of your BBA programme, these are electives. It is required.
- Can I pursue a BBA after graduating from high school if I don’t have a math background?
Yes, you may. There is no need for math in 12th for BBA. Students from any background, such as science, arts, commerce, are qualified for BBA.
- Is accounting required in BBA?
Any student can pursue a bachelor’s degree in business administration. You do not need to have a history in accounting, but you should be familiar with the fundamentals.
- What kind of math is there in BBA?
Business mathematics and statistics are concerned with mathematical and statistical models applied in business. Calculus is the mathematical component of this course.
- Is BBA simple?
Yes! It is a simple course for gaining business expertise. During your BBA programme, you will learn about marketing, sales, human resources, and finance, among other things.
Conclusion: Is maths compulsory for BBA?
So we have answered your Query, Is maths compulsory for BBA? completely. Hope you have understood, BBA is a three-year degree program that teaches essential business and management ideas. Students can often concentrate in specialization areas, such as real estate, international business, finance, computer information systems.
In India, many students pursuing a BBA degree in recent years. It is a sub-domain of Management Studies intended to convey a conceptual, practical, and theoretical understanding of essential business topics.
You can pick from a variety of specialties accessible via the course. Management students are now pursuing a subcategory of BBA, BBA without Maths.
So, directly BBA can be obtained without the study of mathematics and also MBA degrees without taking math classes. You can choose subjects such as marketing, information technology, international marketing, public relations, and so on, and these specialties do not need a large amount of math.