Pursuing an MBA after completing a BSc in any field is now a trend. The most basic qualifying criteria for an MBA include a bachelor’s degree with a minimum grade point average and GMAT scores. An MBA after BSc can help improve your professional abilities and business knowledge.
MBA isn’t really about being analytical and finding answers. A pure science graduate may be incredibly good at it, so instead of worrying about that, focus on what you’re good at. As a result, if a scientific student develops an interest in business or wants to work in management, pursuing an MBA after completing a BSc may be a viable alternative.
A general MBA provides a comprehensive understanding of business management that provides a foundation in business that is both fundamental and powerful.
An MBA is not challenging for the typical student, but it varies. MBA studies push people out of their comfort zones and equip them to adapt to international business trends, new management tools, and practices and thrive in a quickly changing company environment. MBA is all about being analytical and problem-solving, so try to prepare for the Entrance.
MBA after BSc: Reason
Earning an MBA is a challenging but rewarding experience to help you reach new career and personal heights,
Experiment with different options
Getting a respectable job with a fair salary needs a variety of talents today. After completing a BSc, you can pursue an MBA to gain technical and managerial skills for a better option in your career. If you are a BSc in Microbiology and want to get an MBA, you will get a variety of options for your future. Your employability has just risen once you complete your MBA. You can locate technical vacancies in microbiology, management openings, and specialty opportunities that need both of your talents.
Take a step more for the competition
An MBA after a BSc can help you be on the corporate ladder. If you want to be able and improve your professional abilities, then MBA is the perfect option after your BSc to acquire practical business knowledge. So, you can gain an advantage over your peers to get a higher chance of getting promoted or advancing up in your life.
The modern workplace is dynamic, and everywhere needs a specialist; if you do not update yourself to reflect this dynamic environment, you will be missing out on chances. For many working professionals, returning to full-time education is expensive.
Fortunately, quality MBA courses can be completed while you are working. An MBA after a BSc is gratifying and flexible, and it may be pursued without interrupting your career.
Locating the ideal location
MBA after BSc is an excellent option to enhance the credibility of your career, but the question is where you are going to get your MBA. There has been a recent increase in institutes and universities to provide MBA programs. This makes selecting suitable software much more difficult. Thankfully, selective courses of MBA offer the finest and stand out from the crowd.
MBA after BSc. Advantages
- Advantages include more straightforward advancement, supervisory roles, and even a pay boost. You gain new information and make new acquaintances as a result of your MBA after BSc, in addition to the practical rewards.
- As new work opportunities and sectors emerge among your career options, so your earning potential will multiply.
- You will undoubtedly have more job stability and a better understanding of various global economic challenges. As there is a crunch of new jobs for average graduates, an MBA after BSc can help you find more jobs and boost your career.
- If you complete an MBA after BSc, then your professional network expands dramatically, and your expertise in different areas of operating a firm and managing a large team of people extends as well.
Advantages of the online MBA program
You can also pursue your MBA online; everything is gaining popularity online because of the current pandemic situation. Not only this, you can have many advantages of doing an MBA online, they are as follows –
- The course content may be accessed from any location – your home, business while traveling, etc., so studying online is highly CONVENIENCE. It is beneficial for working professionals.
- Online MBA programs are often LESS EXPENSIVE than offline; however, this is not always the case. So you can grab this opportunity to complete your preferred degree with low price than a traditional MBA.
- An MBA degree can INCREASE THE VALUE of one’s resume. Several reputable institutes and universities offer online MBA programs and provide essential certification to their students upon completing the academic program. This credential adds a significant amount of value to your resume.
MBA after BSc. Specialization (Specifically for BSc Student)
A BSc graduate can choose MBA to learn more about the business world, build professional abilities, and understand management intricacies. Almost every graduate wishes to pursue an MBA, an eminent degree.
If you have a science undergraduate degree, you may pick from various specialized MBA courses to obtain competence in your chosen subject of study. Here we discuss the benefits of an MBA after completing a BSc and the most popular MBA specialties in the industry.
You can have an MBA after your BSc in any field. The most basic qualifying criteria for an MBA include a bachelor’s degree with a minimum grade point average given by the university and GMAT scores and job experience. Here we are discussing some best fields of MBA after completion of your BSC –
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Healthcare Administration
- MBA in Airport Administration
- MBA in Hospital Administration
- MBA in Shipping and Logistics management
- MBA with a concentration in airport and logistics management
- MBA in Real Estate and Infrastructure Management
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- MBA in Business Analytics
- MBA in Operations Management
- MBA in Event Management
- MBA in Tourism and Travel Management
- MBA in Process Management
- MBA in Plantation Management
- MBA in Dairy Technology and Management
- MBA in Agribusiness Management
- MBA in Sports Administration
- MBA with a concentration on energy management
- MBA in Laboratory Management
- MBA in Pharmaceutical Management
- MBA in Biotechnology and Oil & Gas Management
Other Specialization for BSc Student
- MBA in Hotel Management
- MBA in Banking
- MBA in Business Economics
- MBA in Biotechnology
- MBA in Fashion Design
- MBA in Data Analytics
- MBA in Entrepreneurship
- MBA in Data Science
- MBA in International Business
- MBA in Retail Management
- MBA in Materials Management
- MBA in Financial Management
- MBA in Sales and Marketing
- MBA in Safety Management
- MBA in Interior Design
The minimal educational requirement for pursuing an MBA is a completed legitimate Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized College or University. Minimum aggregate mark criteria may apply.
It varies from one institute to the next. In general, the aggregate marks are approximately 50-65 percent. Candidates must have passed MBA admission examinations such as the MAT, CAT, and XAT. Work-experienced candidates are also preferred.
Many of the world’s finest business schools offer a wide choice of specialty MBA programs. When it comes to maximizing the MBA’s colossal potential, studying abroad can help you get international experience and discover new career opportunities.
After finishing your BSc, you can pursue an MBA to achieve the desired job. Your selected university requires a bachelor’s degree in a comparable discipline with a minimum grade point average.
A GMAT or GRE score is required for international universities, and in India, you need a CAT test score. To pursue an MBA abroad, you must pass language proficiency exams such as the IELTS or TOEFL. Many universities in India and elsewhere place a high value on research.
Duration of regular MBA
MBA program lasts two years and two semesters in each academic year. As a result, the curriculum is divided into four semesters in total. The length of an educational program might vary depending on the type of the course, but many MBA programs last one year.
MBA provides students the opportunity to learn about current management ideas and concepts and develop the capacity to apply such knowledge in real-life circumstances. The best colleges for MBA in India are –
- BIMTECH Birla Institute
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Alliance University
- ISME Bangalore
- IIM Kolkata
- BMU School of Management
- MDI Gurgaon
- ISBR Business School
- Narayana Business School
- IIM Ahemdabad
- XLRI Jamshedpur
- IIM Indore
MBA provides a complete learning experience that teaches you about global business practices. Somewhere it is costly, and somewhere you can also get a scholarship.
For a two-year full-time MBA program in India, prices range from 20,000 to 40 lakh (INR). UGlobal is one of the platforms in India that provides accessible business education certification courses in Management, Business Strategy, and Marketing Management.
Major business institutions offer free online MBA courses and a wide range of other subjects. Coursera and edX both offer a number of these courses.
MBA after BSc: Salary
Here we are discussing some employment opportunities and their associated wages that become available to the MBA person (especially after BSc) –
- 80,000 – 190,000 INR for a management consultant
- 52,000 – 250,000 INR for a marketing director
- 92,000 – 220,000 INR for Chief Financial Officer
- 60,000 – 380,000 INR for a financial analyst
- 40,000 – 135,000 INR for a business development manager
- 98,000 – 175,000 INR for a Product Manager
MBA after BSc: Career
There are plenty of options if you have an MBA after BSc to avail an MBA after your graduation.
- You can be an HR Manager
- You can be a Financial Advisor
- You can be a Marketing Manager
- You can be a Management Consultant
- You can be a Product Manager
MBA After BSc: FAQ
Is it possible to pursue an MBA after completing a BSc in chemistry?
Yes, you can pursue an MBA after completing a BSc in chemistry.
Is MBA today is in high demand?
MBAs are in high demand in the workplace and are required in today’s business. You can pursue an MBA after BSc to develop technical and managerial abilities. Once you finish your MBA, your employability will skyrocket.
Can I get a technical job or be a corporate ladder after MBA?
You might look for technical jobs in management positions and specialty jobs that use both of your abilities. By obtaining an MBA, you can get a competitive edge over your colleagues and are more likely to be promoted or advance up the corporate ladder.
Is pursuing an MBA after completing a bachelor’s degree a viable option?
An MBA after a BSc may be a good option for a science student who develops an interest in business or works in a management position. MBA provides a broad understanding of business management and will provide a foundation in business that is both basic and strong.
Can I do MBA after BSc Physics?
Yes, you can pursue an MBA after completing your BSc in any field.
Is MBA good after BSc Nursing?
Yes, you may pursue an MBA after completing your B.Sc. in nursing. As a result, managerial abilities such as human resource management and financial management may be developed.
Can I do MBA after BSc zoology?
Biotechnology Management MBA would be the best fit for someone with a B.Sc. in Zoology. Many institutes offer similar courses, like AMITY University.
MBA After BSc: Conclusion
MBA is a large domain, ranging from marketing and finance to human resource management and information systems, and deciding on a focus based on your interests and talents. When pursuing an MBA, students’ most common difficulty is deciding which specialized course to take.
Universities are now offering higher-level management courses in world-class facilities to continue your MBA and get a sure-shot job. Only 48 percent of students are employable, according to the Skills Report 2020 in India.
This represents a decrease from the 51 percent indicated in the previous edition of the study. But if your percentage in MBA is relatively high or excellent, then there is always a job for you. So, try to be the best, not the AVERAGE.
You can read this article to acquire knowledge about MBA specialties so you may clear up your doubts and choose the best option for you.