“In the earlier rules, there was no provision for engineering graduates to appear for TET, we have amended that rule”, an official statement said.”
TET (Teacher Eligibility Test) is an entrance exam to hire teachers for government schools all over India. The state government changed the Department of Primary and Secondary Education’s Cadre and Recruitment(C&R) Rules to allow engineering graduates to take the test.
Candidates with degrees in pure science and humanities have been taken aback by enabling engineering graduates to take the Teachers Eligibility Test.
The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university with a minimum of 50 percent marks to take this exam. Aside from that, the candidate must hold a legitimate education or elementary education degrees, such as a Diploma in Elementary Education (D.EL.Ed), a Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.), or a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed).
The provision will take effect beginning to take the TET, so you must finish your engineering degree and enroll in one of the courses mentioned above.
- TET stands for Teacher Eligibility Test to hire teachers for government-funded schools.
- Now, B.E. graduates can sit for the TET exam and teach in schools. B.E. graduates can join B.Ed in maths, physics, and chemistry streams.
- There are 5% seats reserved for the B.E. students in TET. To reduce unemployment among engineering students, NCTE relaxed the norms and allowed B.E. students to appear for this exam.
- Most B.E. graduates take this test to get a better work-life balance and avoid being an I.T. professional. 2021 TET was postponed due to COVID restrictions, and this year (2022), the exam will be held early.
- TETs are divided into two categories: CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test), which the CBSE has for the recruitment of teachers in CBSE affiliated schools, and state TETs, which are regulated by the concerned state for the recruitment of teachers in state government-sponsored schools.
- As far as your eligibility for appearing in TETs as a B.Ed and engineering degree holder is concerned, you are undoubtedly eligible if your aggregate percentage in both degree courses is 50%. For reserved category candidates, a 5%-mark relaxation is allowed.
- To apply for TET, you must have a bachelor’s degree in any field and a bachelor’s degree in education.
- As far as your eligibility for appearing in TET after completing your Bachelor of Engineering degree course, I’d like to inform you that you are not eligible for TETs unless you have additional degrees such as a Diploma in Elementary Education for becoming a teacher up to Class V and Bachelor of Education for becoming a teacher in Classes above V.
- You must take a Bachelor of Education course after completing your bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- To apply for the B.Ed program, you must have a minimum of 50% in your bachelor’s degree.
- All candidates must complete a degree program and additional educational requirements—candidates who have passed their class 12 board examination and hold a D.El.Ed.
- Degree with a minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for reserved category) are eligible for this position and can teach the students below five standards—candidates who have completed a two-year D.El.Ed program and have a graduate degree in any area are qualified to take the exam.
- Candidates who have finished a four-year B.El.Ed program and have a minimum aggregate score of 50% can sit for this exam.
The Continuous Rising of TET Qualified Candidates Every Year
After the massive lockdown and Pandemic period, the number of candidates taking the TET exam is projected to rise this year. Also, because engineering graduates can crack topics like mathematics and physics easily, the cut-off scores or qualifying marks may increase.
- Candidates who apply for the TET exam should study appropriately, bearing the competition in mind. There are no questions with negative marking to attempt them all.
- The CTET and TET exams feature two papers that determine which classes the candidates will teach.
- Candidates who took the CTET exams will offer positions at schools administered solely by the federal government, while those who took one of the state TET tests would be offered jobs in the state in which they took the exam.
Can We Appear TET Without B.Ed.?
TET & CTET
TET stands for teacher eligibility test, held by both the federal and state governments to recruit qualified applicants for teaching positions in public schools.
- TET and CTET are both offline exams administered on an OMR-based sheet.
- All of the questions are in the MCQ format, and the candidates must answer 150 questions in 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Each of the 150 questions is worth one point. There are no questions with negative marking.
- Both the CTET and TET exams have their own set of requirements.
- You can apply for the TET exam after completing your graduation with 50 percent.
- There is a 5% relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
Things to Know
- There is no minimum age requirement to apply for TET.
- To apply for the TET exam, you must have a bachelor’s degree from a government-approved institution.
- As per various notifications for TET, a candidate must have attained 18 years of age.
- There are generally no upper age criteria for TET. There are no limits to how many times a person can take the TET exam.
- All TET exam 2022 will be multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with four options, each worth one mark.
- There are no negative points. With retroactive effect from 2011, the validity of Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) qualifying certificates has increased from seven to lifetime.
- The test isn’t challenging, but solid planning can only help you pass it. TET examinations are only open to Indian citizens.
How to Fill Online Forms For TET (Engineering)?
- Aspirants must first log in to the official website and fill out the application form online to apply for the TET exam.
- They must then click ‘Apply Online’ to redirect to the instructions page.
- They must read all of the fundamental guidelines for the application process and then apply online after carefully reading all the directions.
- Candidates must complete all fields and then click ‘Next.’
- There’s also a reset button if you want to change the information you’ve entered. Candidates will send to a Review Page after clicking ‘Next,’ and then click the ‘Final Submit’ button.
- Following that, the candidate will get a registration number, which they must keep on file for future use.
The Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) is a state-based test that determines whether or not a teacher is eligible to teach in both the federal and state governments use it to select qualified teachers for schools and institutions. Paper 1 and Paper 2 are the two papers in the TET. Paper 1 is for candidates who want to teach at the primary level, and paper 2 is for candidates who wish to teach at the upper primary level. It is for candidates who desire to teach elementary school (6th-10th).
The CBSE administers the Central Teachers Eligibility Test (CTET) following Ministry of Human Resource Development guidelines. The CTET/TET qualifying marks vary with the student category.
- For the general students, the qualifying percentage is about 60%.
- Whereas for the SC/ST/OBC students, 55%.
- So, it is clear that there is a 5% reservation for the caste students.
- TET exams in 2022 will consist of two papers: paper one and paper two.
- There will be 150 multiple-choice questions on both exams.
- Each question will have four options; only one will be correct.
- Candidates will receive one mark for each correct answer, with no negative marking.
- Each paper takes 2 hours and 30 minutes to complete.
- Candidates should be aware of the documents required for TET before applying for the tests in 2022.
The following is a list of copies you need to keep in mind while using for this examination.
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/Secondary admit card)
- Caste Certificate (for SC/ST/OBC students)
- Academic Records (academic certificates)
- Recent photograph
- Experience Certificate (if any)
- ID proof (Voter/Aadhar/PAN)
- The CTET certificate is valid for a lifetime.
- Candidates who have the CTET certificate can apply for all state government teaching positions.
- The TET certificate, on the other hand, has lifetime validity.
- This year, there will also be a rise in the number of candidates taking TET since those with engineering backgrounds will find it simpler to pass the exam.
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) is a two-year professional degree program covering teaching fundamentals, and it is a requirement for employment as a teacher in public and private schools.
You are undoubtedly entitled to pursue a B.Ed degree course if you completed your graduation with at least 50% marks from a recognized institution. With retroactive effect from 2011, Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal “Nishank” stated that the validity of TET qualifying certificates is extended from seven years to a lifetime.
FAQ: TET Exam For Engineering
Is an engineer qualified to take the TET exam?
The Government has amended the Cadre and Recruitment (C&R) Rules to allow engineering graduates to participate in the TET (Teachers Eligibility Test).
Is it possible for an engineering graduate to work as a teacher?
Engineering graduates are now eligible to apply for graduate primary teaching positions, according to the state government’s latest draught notification on schoolteacher appointments for grades 6-8.
Is it possible to take the TET exam without having completed B Ed?
No, you cannot take the CTET exam without a B. Ed. degree because it is a requirement for a candidate’s eligibility.
Is CTET open to BTech students?
Yes, students can take the CTET exam if they meet the eligibility conditions, including a minimum of 50% in graduation and passing or enrolling in a one-year B. Ed. course.
Is there any negative notation on the TET?
All questions in the TET exam will be multiple-choice questions (MCQs), each worth one mark and consisting of four options, one of which will be accurate. There will be no repercussions.
Are CTET and TET the same thing?
The Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) is a government-run eligibility test for teachers. On the other hand, TET, or Teacher Eligibility Test, is an eligibility test administered by the state government.
Is the TET exam challenging?
The test isn’t challenging, but solid planning can only help you pass it. You just need to practice last year’s exam papers is the first and most significant thing you should do. The biggest advantage is that you will become more familiar with the question paper pattern and the level of questions that will be asked.
What types of questions can be found on the TET exam?
In all types of TET examinations, there are 150 multiple choice type questions (MCQ), each worth one mark.
Is math a requirement for the TET?
Yes. Mathematics is a compulsory subject in both CTET Paper I and Paper-II.
What exactly is Super TET?
The Super Teacher Eligibility Test, or Super TET, is a state-level eligibility exam administered by the Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board to recruit primary and secondary school teachers in government institutions. It is held once a year in an offline format.
Conclusion: TET Exam For Engineering
TET is the only way for engineering students to become teachers in the State Board Government and its affiliated schools. Only candidates who have finished both an undergraduate degree and a bachelor’s degree in education (B.Ed) are eligible to sit for the TET Exams and eventually become teachers.
Previously B.Tech and B.E applicants were not qualified to take the TET Exams. Still, the regulations have been altered and have issued an order allowing candidates with an Engineering or B.Tech degree to teach in schools. Graduates of the B.E. program are now qualified to teach mathematics.
The Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) is the minimum qualification required in India for a position as a teacher in classes I through VIII. A TET exam is a must for teaching employment in Indian government schools.
Teacher Eligibility Tests are held across India to recruit instructors for government-run institutions. The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act of 2009 governs the event. Following B tech, you can pursue a B.Ed; because your Engineering degree is a graduate degree, you have the opportunity to persuade in a B. Ed degree to sit for the TET exam.